5.20.2013

Orgasm Equality Awesomeness at "Moms Who Drink and Swear"



Okay, I know International Clitoris Awareness Week has long passed, and I know that I put a clit themed blog up each of those 7 spectacular days, but I found a lot of good clit stuff on the interwebs that I'd like to share with you all. And share I will. Granted, this blog is pretty clit heavy anyway, so more isn't really a surprise, but I thought I'd just go ahead and warn you anyway that I'd be sprinkling my extra findings throughout the next couple weeks.
Logo from a blog with Orgasm Equality guts

This goes under the category of other people I've found on the web who are contributing positively to the Orgasm Equality Movement. I happened upon a post at Moms Who Drink and Swear by Nicole Knepper where she talks about telling her son and daughter about the clitoris - rhymes with Deloris. It's funny - so I suggest you read it. But, it's also important.

The clit is so ignored (certainly in childhood but unfortunately throughout many aspects of our adult culture too), so overshadowed by the ol' vag, and so misunderstood that simply teaching our children that it exists and what its function is...and then making it public knowledge that you did such a thing so others might follow in your footsteps is downright revolutionary if you ask me. As you well know, I think that introducing children to the idea of the clit is important, and I love this mother's approach. It's done with such ease and humor, giving all those moms and dads who read it a positive model in this under-discussed realm of parenthood.

Anyway, Check it out, and a big SSL thank you to Nicole Knepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment