12.22.2020

5 Christmas Movies Directed By Women



Sooooo....it's been almost a month since my last post. I would say that there was some crazy thing that happened to keep me from this sweet sweet blog of mine, but there wasn't - just life and work and all that. I'm home from work real early today. I took a walk, put on my Christmas cat pj pants my sister got me, and it's still not even dinner time. So, Charlie went back to editing photos, and I decided a quick blog might be nice; nothing important or even that exciting, but just something so you remember I'm still around thinking about how more women can get more clit diddling in their lives. 

This blog is not gonna specifically be about clits though - more about Christmas and stuff (although let's never forget all the women in all those Christmas movies have clits that are probably not getting touched near as mcuh as they should).. As I'm writing this, I'm watching "The Princess Switch: Switched Again" You may have seen "The Princess Switch." Well this is the sequel. It's a Hallmark-style Netflix Original Christmas movie. Do I love it? Yes. I do indeed like a holiday themed movie. 

Here, my friends, are some more of these movies that you might want to enjoy this holiday season...ya know, if you're into that sort of thing.

A Little History of These Lists
I started doing this categorized List of 5 movies thing where I showcase movies that were directed by women and that I have actually seen. It all started during the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party in September 2015, and it was pretty fun, so I've continued doing it from time to time.

It's a bit off-topic from my normal fare, ya know, being that it's not specifically about lady-gasms or anything like that, but I think it fits the blog because
1. this blog is also about indie movie-making, and
2. this blog is partially about getting the female perspective of sexuality into our media. So, to me, supporting female voices in our media  means we're creating more room for female voices to speak on all types of things, which sometimes will be sex, orgasms, and sexuality.

You can find all my 5-movie lists HERE.

Get some hot chocolate, popcorn, marshmallows, cookies, and whatever else you like to eat in the winter, and enjoy.

The Movies

1 Home for the Holidays - This was directed by Jodie Foster. This is a 1995 movie, and I saw this way back sometime around then. I like Jodie Foster, but honestly don't remember the movie much. That might mean I need to watch it again.



2 Black Nativity - This was directed by Kasi Lemmons. I saw this on the plane to Brazil for a work trip right before Christmas in 2014. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was exactly what I wanted to watch.


3 Christmas Crush - This was directed by Marita Grabiak. I just watched this recently streaming. It's a bonker Christmas movie, and if you are going to watch one of these (as I am wont to do), why not watch one directed by a woman?





4 The Preacher's Wife - This was directed by Penny Marshall. Okay, so the story with me and this movie is as follows. My 2nd date with my now husband Charlie...maybe my 3rd...The first was probably Snow Whirl, our high school's winter dance, and the 2nd was to Burger King and the movie Jerry Maquire. Anyway, the 3rd was like the Saturday before Christmas and we were supposed to go see The Preacher's Wife. However, as we were approaching, I suggested we park and make out instead, and that's what we did. I didn't actually see the movie until probably 10 years later, and I thought it was a lovely Christmas movie. Watch it.



5 The Knight Before Christmas - This was directed by Monika Mitchell. Listen, this is a Hallmark-style Christmas movie in all it's glory and I loved it. It's the same main character as the Princess Switch that I'm currently watching, and honestly, I kinda feel like the Christmas movies she's in are a bit more high quality - mostly as in the technically aspects and set design. Anyway, I watched this very recently, and it's about a Knight from medieval times that gets timetraveled to modern day Christmas time, and falls in love...so...it's awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment