10.02.2015

Randome Hite Report #15



Hello, welcome again to one of my favorite segments on the SSL blog, Random Hite Report! It's simple really. I flip through the pages of the The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality  (or sometimes The Hite Report on Male Sexuality) by a one Ms. Shere Hite and copy the contents of the page where I land - no more no less. Anyone who reads my blog will know that this 1976 book is a fave of mine; not only because of its shockingly realistic and progressive insight about the female orgasm,  but also because of its very touching insight into the lives of the women who took part in this huge, comprehensive survey. This is an under-appreciated and under-read book if you ask me.



 So, sit back, getcha a beverage, and enjoy a little...Random Hite Report...you never know what yer gonna get!

The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality Dell. 1976.
Pg. 226 From section "Intercourse" in chapter "Do most Women Orgasm From Intercourse"

to it, but I never experience anything physically ecstatic."
    "I am rather hung up when it comes to orgasms. Because I never have them during intercourse, I feel deeply ashamed and inferior. I grew up with that wretched word 'frigid' -  and I think that a lot of may desire to have orgasms during intercourse comes from this shame and feeling of inadequacy. I think the only thing that will contribute to my having them is when I change the feelings that I have mentioned before - when I stop pressuring myself and hating myself because I don't have orgasm - hell, I don't know - I've been in therapy for two years and it has helped me personally a lot, but I'm still no closer to having them during intercourse. I think it will take some radical change in my perception and attitude towards myself."
    "I went along for thrirty-four years carrying the burden of not having vaginal orgasms, never telling anyone because I felt something was wrong with me - I thought I was frigid."
    "Is it uncommon to not have orgasms, while you are having sexual intercourse? Could you give me suggestions on how to have one?"
    "I want to find out where we can go to cure my own impotence in intercourse. I haven't the money to go to Masters and Johnson's clinic. Will your book mention this?"
    "I read Sex Without Fear some years ago and was diminished when I read that clitoral orgasms are the sole property of immature sexuality and only vaginal orgasms represent a mature woman. I bought that for a few years but after a time I said, 'So what, I'm immature but enjoying myself just the same!"
    "I would like to have orgasms during intercourse without having to play with my clitoris at teh same time! If I didn't do that I would almost never come."\
    "I don't feel that i am in any way abnormal because I don't have orgasms during intercourse, but I do feel much emotional frustration. It's going to take some time, and I think eventually a woman will have to tell me how to have an orgasm during sex. Right now I don't..."

No comments:

Post a Comment