9.27.2012

Random Hite Report 1



Hello, welcome to a new segment on the SSL blog, Random Hite Report! It's simple really. I flip through the pages of The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality by a one Ms. Shere Hite and copy the contents of the page where I land. Anyone who reads my blog will know that this 1976 book is a fave of mine; not only because of its shockingly realistic and progressive insight about the female orgasm but also because of its very touching insight into the lives of the women who took part in this huge, comprehensive survey. This is an under-appreciated and under-read book if you ask me.

So, sit back, getcha a beverage, and enjoy a little...Random Hite Report...you never know what yer gonna get!

Pg. 518 The Hite Report Dell. 1976.

talked to about other women. That was the first time I knew that other women couldn't come without clitoral manipulation, like me. I have had many wonderful experiences, some much better sexually, due to the cumulative experience of several years, and the tenderness and love I feel for my partner, but that one stands out for many reasons. For one thing, to learn that age makes no real difference in sex, that I was attractive to him, was wonderful for my ego, especially so soon after my divorce. Another thing was the twenty-four hours of anticipation, knowing I could change my mind."

However, quite a few of the women were disappointed and bitter about their sexual experiences.
The following three women explain at length:
"Sex isn't important to me. I'm fifty-eight years old, married to the same man and faithful thirty-five years. Lots of rough years. We've raised two fine children, a dentist and a lawyer-have four darling grandchildren. About five years ago, my husband at about fifty-two started drinking every night-knocked me around. I've never heard a word of praise except while having intercourse, and I keep wondering how in hell I could enjoy that when I'm so poor in every other way!
"I only have orgasms occasionally in dreams-about strangers. Kissing the back of my neck is most important to me to have an orgasm. I told him that for years, but he never does it. I do not like oral or rectal sex, but both have been forced on me. I can be feeling pretty mellow with vaginal intercourse and when he mentions oral or rectal, I go on with the  act, but the glow is gone; I hope he gets his fun just talking about it.
"I've tried masturbation and get nothing from it..."
"In the early years, I initiated sex several times but it never got anywhere-it has to be his idea. Sex is bound to be good if you are 'friends' with your partner-guess you can tell I'm pretty bitter. I went to a marriage counselor two years ago-I'm immature-my husband hates all women, starting with his mother he sends me roses-buys me gifts and tells me how stupid I am."







No comments:

Post a Comment