4.15.2021

5 Lower Budget Indie Movies You Can Stream That Are #DirectedByWomen




Hey there all -  I got bangs today, and I'm into it. Also, I'm still not finished with the post I've been working on. It's a summary of a book, and it will be way too long, and no one will read it, but I will know I finished it, and really that's all that matters. Also, I'm helping Charlie shoot a video in Detroit soon and we've been prepping for that, which has been fun. What else??...??...I am slowly changing out all the bulbs in my house with those colored ones you can control with your phone, so I'm for real living my dream of a house full of colored light. I'm also taking a Spanish class with my sister over Zoom. Me gusto. 

All that to say that life is going forward per usual, and I want to get a post up before it moves any further. So, here is an old trusty post theme where I give you 5 movies directed by women that I have actually seen. I'm not here to review them or anything, but I will tell you something about how I saw them and anything else I thin is relevant. 

These 5 movies will all be solidly lower budget indie movies that you can find streaming. 

A Little History of These Lists
I started doing this categorized List of 5 movies thing where I showcase movies that were directed by women and that I have actually seen. It all started during the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party in September 2015, and it was pretty fun, so I've continued doing it from time to time.

It's a bit off-topic from my normal fare, ya know, being that it's not specifically about lady-gasms or anything like that, but I think it fits the blog because
1. this blog is also about indie movie-making, and
2. this blog is partially about getting the female perspective of sexuality into our media. So, to me, supporting female voices in our media  means we're creating more room for female voices to speak on all types of things, which sometimes will be sex, orgasms, and sexuality.

You can find all my 5-movie lists HERE.

So, get ready for some budget-fun movies. Maybe get some budget snacks and RC Cola to assist you in your watching.  

The Movies

American Honey - This was directed by Andrea Arnold. I saw this online and although it does have Shia LaBeouf, it's still lower budget. It's a good watch. I'd say it's worth a stream, if you ask me.



2 Odd Brodsky - This was directed by Cindy Baer. I caught this one while chillin' alone one night. I was specifically searching for women directed movies. This is straight up indie low-budget that's working the quirky angle.



3 Everything Beautiful is Far Away - This was directed by Andrea Sisson and Pete Ohs. I actually just saw this last weekend. It had a 'steampunk lite' sort of low-budget sci-fi feel. I will say they used their budget super well, I thought. And, it had that curly haired woman from Ozark that I like. 



4 The Year of Spectacular Men - This was directed by Lea Thompson. Lea Thompson being the one that was in Back to the Future and Howard the Duck and shit back in the 80's. The movie stars her and her 2 daughters. I watched it about a year ago, and SSL Reviewed it HERE (it got 2 out of 5 vulvas). 



5 Hateship Loveship - This was directed by Liza Johnson. It's a 2013 movie staring Kristen Wig that I saw a few months ago. I have to say Kristen wig has some super excellently weird hidden gems out there, and this is one of the more subdued of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment