11.18.2019

Sex And The City S3 E1-3: A Retro SSL Review



My little segment is back for a another round (Here's the others). It's a modified, lazy version of an SSL Review. It's just me transcribing my notes, page by page, on all of the Sex and the City episodes. I watched them all - not necessarily in order - during 2007 and 2008, and I took notes on the depiction/discussion of female orgasm and female masturbation. It was my early attempt at this type of lady-gasm review stuff. Anyway, I never actually created reviews from these notes, but since they exist, I'd like to get them out there on the interwebs before they get burned in a house fire or something...thus this series.

Ramona and my SATC Notes

The fun of this will be that I will transcribe these as word for word as I can while still trying to make it be a sensible read. I'll post a pick of the notes for your reference. I'll do one or more episodes at a time - from the beginning of the notebook to the end. I may add notes for clarification or add my SSL-Review-style comments.

Hopefully the notes I took privately 10 years ago won't make me look like a dumb asshole. I will add them in the TV SSL Review Master List  (of course you are also welcome to check out the Movie SSL Review Master List as well). Here we go.

Sex and the City Season 3 Episodes 1-3

Season 3 Ep 1
-watching firemen stripping
-Sam gets fucked by fireman. He was banging her (literally rocking her back and forth) he changed her position from (here I draw some stick figure drawings that you can see below. I can't really tell what they mean because I guess I'm bad at drawing).



She got an orgasm hard style

-Sam fucked against firetruck with her legs wrapped around him. He was fucking her  - She wasn't moving - just screamin and cumming. Hew was pumping in and out, but had a little more upgrind to forward motion.

Season 3 Episode 2
-Sam mentioned when discussing Carrie's 'pee on me' guy that she had peed during sex once. "What'd he say?" "I don't think he even noticed."
-Miranda on side with Steve behind her. Cut to them both orgasming - couldn't tell the movement, but both her hands were visible, and his hand that could possibly be touching her.

Season 3 Ep 3
-Miranda's housekeeper found her goody drawer. It had lube, condoms, and a dildo vibrator. She says, "I have a boyfriend, but I didn't for a while. That's why I have that."
-Samantha hears that this hot masseuse goes down, so she booked it...but he doesn't and tells on her.
-lots of naked women.

Modern Day Me Comments
Too much banging without a goddamn reach-around
These 3 episodes were not at the top of Sex and The City's orgasm equality game. In those 3 episodes there were 3 depictions of a ladygasm that happened during a sex act that was highly unlikely to actually cause that ladygasm. All 3 were of women getting a dick moved in and out of their vaginas. There was no body pressure consistently (or really at all) grinding against their vulva areas, and there was also no hands and/or vibrators pressed against the vulva area. Nothing, I say nothing, was working that clit...yet somehow the women came.

Those 3 depictions were the oh-so-common, but anatomically ridiculous scenes of women getting their vaginal walls banged into an orgasm.

Here's the big secret, ya'll. THE VAGINA IS NOT THE FEMALE ORGAN OF SEXUAL PLEASURE. THE CLITORAL GLANS IS THE ORGAN OF FEMALE SEXUAL PLEASURE JUST AS THE PENIS IS THE ORGAN OF MALE SEXUAL PLEASURE.

This whole blog, my movie, and this post I always link to to explain what I mean, are all about how we as a culture just really don't get that point. We just keep cramming the lie into everyone's head that penises in ladyholes holes can make women come. It's as BS as saying banging a man's but makes him come.

Goody Drawer
So those weren't great depictions, but I also wasn't pleased about how Miranda felt like she needed to justify her vibrator by saying she used to be single. I mean, by all means single gals should have a vibrator. It's a fun and simple way to get off that doesn't cause hand fatigue, but it's just as important for a gal in a relationship to have one...especially in a relationship with a penis.

No, you know, it might be more important actually. There's so much PinV ramming going on in hetero sexual encounters that a gal is strongly at risk for constantly getting aroused and rarely coming during sex stuff. There's just soooo much banging without clit stimulation going on. It's what we all grow up learning and thinking we're supposed to do to make both people come...but in reality it only makes him come...and she fakes it, or just says it was good even without coming, or just ignores it, or gets annoyed. Either way over time it's gonna fuck up the her ability to get aroused when faced with the idea of sex, and reinforce his arousal over time when faced with the idea of sex. A vibrator used during the fucking can allow everyone to come without inconveniencing the dude at all by asking him to do anything more than stick his penis in you. Yay...I guess.

The other stuff
As always, I tended to write down things that I don't count as relevant for SSL Reviews anymore. These notes were right at the beginning of when I started SSL Reviews, so I hadn't gotten my rules down yet.. My point here is that the firemen stripping, the peeing during sex comment, and the note about lots of naked ladies are not what I consider SSL reviewable these days. I'm only really interested in discussion or depiction of female orgasm, masturbation, or the clit. However, at the time, I was a bit more interested in things like how often you see naked men vs. seeing naked women in media. It's still interesting ('cause dude - we need to see more man meat - too much Lady T&A in comparison), but it's not where I want to focus. I mean you can't do everything.

That's it. Have a lovely night. I'll try to write more posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment