1.14.2018

Random Hite Report #25



Hello, welcome again to one of my favorite segments on the SSL blog, Random Hite Report! It's simple really. I flip through the pages of the The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality  (or sometimes The Hite Report on Male Sexuality) by a one Ms. Shere Hite and copy the contents of the page where I land - no more no less. Anyone who reads my blog will know that this 1976 book is a fave of mine; not only because of its realistic and progressive insight about the female orgasm that is still shockingly relevant 40 years later,  but also because of its very touching insight into the lives of the women who took part in this huge, comprehensive survey. This is an under-appreciated and under-read book if you ask me - I suggest you buy it online (seriously, you can get them for like 1 cent) and read it.



 So, sit back, getcha a beverage, and enjoy a little...Random Hite Report.

The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality Dell. 1976.
Pg. 317 From chapter "Clitoral Stimulation" in the section titled, 'How Have Most Men Had Sex With You?"'

...imaginative kind, paying little attention to my clitoris. They then go immediately to penetration in the 'missionary position,' have a whale of a good time, and go to sleep immediately afterward. This is an extreme picture, but it is too well defined to ignore."
    "They undress me and try to penetrate at once. It's horrible."
    "Whenever I have sex with a man they always are trying to get there, of course. That seems standard."
    "A little foreplay, to one end."
    "Unfortunately, most men just get into you."
    "In general, they tended to minimize foreplay and to concentrate just on intercourse. I can't generalize about technique other than usually foreplay and just good old hugging and kissing. Gets less and less once we get to know each other."
    "Foreplay with constant pressure to have intercourse."
    "They try to arouse me, then as soon as possible, start intercourse. Some few do not hurry and wait for me to advance to the next step."
    "Nothing really standard except the bed, the penetration, the ejaculation, and orgasm (real or faked)."
    "In and out."
    "Caressing my body, breasts, vagina....asking me to caress their penis...then bang bang..."
    "Kiss, pet, go down on me, then lay me on the bottom and unless I've really wanted this person for a long time, this isn't satisfactory."
    "Men are very uninformed about women's sexual desires. Most men will engage in a little manual stimulation but expect a woman to reach orgasm during intercourse. They cannot understand that some women prefer clitoral stimulation."
    "They jumped on and rode."
    "It used to be pretty standard until we saw that fucking mechanically was damaging to us. Now usually we are tender, sometimes intense and passionate, sometimes just affectionate and close without 'real sex.' Our sexual times are varied."
    " With some recent and beautiful exceptions, the en-.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment