5.13.2015

Randome Hite Report #12



RANDOM HITE REPORT is back. This is where I take one random page, and one page only, out of The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality and transcribe it for you here on the blog. This  important book from the 70's should be read...and you can buy it online for 1 cent, so go do that. Anyway, it is an incredibly insightful book that should have become more a part of our sexual culture. It involves women answering detailed questions about their sex lives, masturbation practices, orgasms, and all that good stuff. It was and is revolutionary. Here ya go.



 The following is from the section "Women Who Never Orgasm"
 Pg. 209 The Hite Report Dell. 1976.

 "I have to consider (at this point, it seems to me) that maybe I'm  just not very orgasmic, and that it's nobody's fault, including my husband's" 
One woman who never orgasmed gave a description of her feelings during sex with her husband:
 "At first during foreplay it is pleasurable, usually - but sometimes there is no sensation - except like rubbing - I hate that. I feel so defeated. A couple of times as I got more excited I felt as if I might urinate. It was like a welling over. Then later it felt like something is happening to my body, but I'm not always in it, sometimes it feels a little like pain. I used to never have anything or else have pain which was quite severe. It is a lovely feeling to be held and to hold my husband." 
Some other women weren't sure if they were having an orgasm or not.    "For a long time I didn't know if I was having them because of verbal myths surrounding them and no means of comparison with other women."
    "To tell the truth, I'm not really sure. I have read so many descriptions and heard so many concepts of what an orgasm is and should feel like. I used to be terribly worried because I didn't think i could have one. I was expecting something really exciting and dynamic to happen - you know, bright lights, psychedelic flashes - but they never did. Also I read, I think in Dr. Reuben's book that your back will arch and you'll have uncontrollable vibrations in the vaginal area. I never had this happen either so sometimes I would fake it and almost really believe it was happening. Now I say - whatever happens, happens. It's usually quite nice, but I don't know if it's an orgasm. I always know what I'm doing and I'm always in control of my facilities.
    "I get very wet, then start getting dry. I don't know what an orgasm is, and occasionally I feel slightly unhappy or cheated after sex, but if the wet/dry happens, I always feel tired, relaxed and content. Is this an orgasm?"

No comments:

Post a Comment