7.20.2012

Indianapolis International Film Fest and My Movie Addiction



The 2012 Indianapolis International Film Festival is on folks! (July 19th thru the 29th - check it HERE). I just saw a surprisingly good comedy shorts show. There was only 1 real klunker in the bunch, and that's saying a lot for a festival group of shorts.  (If you've ever been to a film fest, you know what I mean)

I've been checking this Festival out since it was in its infancy, and I can honestly say it gets better every year. I think those people do a really great job with the movie selections, and I say this as a person who has seen and been burned by a lot, I mean a lot, of shitty low-budget, indie movies (short and full length), and some really crap festivals.

In fact, even though I actually make low budget indie movies, I don't even know why I still chance watching them. Well, I guess I do. I have a movie addiction. I watch a lot of them. I'm more drawn to new movies, but I'll watch old ones. Any genre will do. I will watch bad movies, trashy movies, long, slow artsy movies. I don't walk out of movies or turn them off. I will watch them all the way through, even if they are stab-a-pencil-through-my-eye-boring. I have a sick masochistic need to finish a movie because maybe, just maybe, it will be worth it in the end. With the exception of the crazy shit at the end of Dogtown, they never become worth it in the end, but I always keep hope.

Then again, sometimes (and, granted, it's a low percentage) my masochism pays off in that I get to see a really cool indie movie, and I truly love that. So what I'm saying is that if you like the idea of seeing a good indie movie that you would never have gotten the chance to see or hear about otherwise, check out the Indianapolis International Film Fest - cause honestly, you'll have a much better chance there than at other festivals I've been to or by just choosing some indie flick on Netflix. Go IIFF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment