8.27.2017

Sex and the City S3 Ep10-12: A Retro SSL Review



My new little segment is back for a 8th round (Here's the others). It's a modified, lazy version of an SSL Review. It's just me transcribing my notes, page by page, on all of the Sex and the City episodes. I watched them all - not necessarily in order - during 2007 and 2008, and I took notes on the depiction/discussion of female orgasm and female masturbation. It was my early attempt at this type of lady-gasm review stuff. Anyway, I never actually created reviews from these notes, but since they exist, I'd like to get them out there on the interwebs before they get burned in a house fire or something...thus this series.

Ramona and my SATC Notes

Anyway, the fun of this will be that I will transcribe these as word for word as I can while still trying to make it be a sensible read. I'll post a pick of the notes for your reference. I'll do one or more episodes at a time - from the beginning of the notebook to the end. I may add notes for clarification.

Hopefully these won't make me look like a dumb asshole. I will add them in the TV SSL Review Master List  (of course you are also welcome to check out the Movie SSL Review Master List as well). Here we go.

SATC Notes S3 E10-12

Season 3 Ep 10
- beginning of phone sex masturbation by Miranda. Looked like she was using hand on outer part of vulva - definitely didn't seem like using dildo or something. Phone sex fantasy involved his dick in her mouth. Also, he came and then said they had to take care of her.
- another time Miranda masturbating. Longer scene, looked more like hand on outer part.

Season 3 Ep 11
- Samantha on a swing - both her and her guy screaming in ecstasy fucking. No clit motion at all.

Season 3 Episode 12
- Carrie cowgirl w/ him sitting up - they had a pretty much simultaneous orgasm seeminly from fucking.

Modern Day Me Comments
Listen, it's Sunday night. I'm ready to go to bed. I kinda want to watch more TV though. Either way, I'm not super excited about writing at the moment, but I want to stay on schedule so here we are. I picked an easy post to make and I'll be quick with my comments. a couple things

1 there is actually notes for the 1st episode of Season 4 on this same page (see the pic), but I want to keep the seasons' separate, so I'll add that one in with the next page.

2 I drew some kind of squid on the top of this page of notes for some reason.

3 I love that Miranda masturbated twice and in a way that would realistically bring a lady to orgasm - rubbing the clit/vulva area. It's not all that exciting though. Generally when women are depicted masturbating in movies and TV, it is depicted realistically. It's when women are depicted fucking men that we get all the dumb, unrealistic orgasms. And that brings me to the next thing.

4 Both Samantha on her swing and Carrie doing a dude cowgirl style, are the kinds of depictions we usually get; a woman coming from a penis moving in and out of her vagina with nothing seemingly also stimulating her clit. Not her hand, or her partners hand, nor a vibrator, not even does it seem she is grinding her clit against something during the banging. It's so natural a thing to see in movies and TV, that is seems like it should make sense, even though it is absolutely ridiculous to think any woman would orgasm from merely a dick moving in her. Anyway, this is the status quo of cinematic lady-gasms, which means the people making it meant no ill will towards Orgasm Equality. They probably just made it this way because it's how these scenes are done. However, it's still a bunch of bullshit.


That is all. I'll have some more exciting posts soon. I'm working on a kinda fun Journal Article Review, and I even have an SSL review for a play...because sometimes plays have SSL Reviewable moments too. Anyway, I have some stuff I'm excited to get up in the next couple months. Later Skaters. I'm going to bed...or watching TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment