10.21.2016

Sex And The City S2 E1-3: A Retro SSL Review



This, my friends, is a new little segment I'm doing on the 'ol SSL blog. It's like an SSL Review, but it's also just me transcribing my 2007-2008 notes on depiction/discussion of female orgasm and female masturbation from Sex and the City. I missed the show while it was on, but being that it was a cultural phenomenon related to female sexuality, I thought I should watch it and note how it spoke to the audience about lady-gasms. So, I got the DVD's slowly but surely from my trusty public library and watched every single episode, taking notes on all depictions or discussion of female orgasm. I may have also noted on all depictions/discussion of female masturbation too, but maybe not. This was before I really started doing SSL Reviews, and my standards were not set yet.

Which all brings me back to why I am just transcribing my notes instead of actually doing an SSL Review on all of these Sex And The City episodes. The answer is because I'm lazy, but also anxious to get this info out on the interwebs before I or time itself ruins this notebook. If I did a proper SSL Review on these, I would have to rewatch all of these. I almost always do more than 1 watch fr SSL reviews, and I would really need to for these because I was 9 years stupider when I wrote them. However, I don't want to rewatch because it seems like a waste of time given that these are like 80% done and there's plenty of other things I'd like to watch for SSL Review. Although I have to say - I went into my SATC binging assuming I would not like the show, but I actually got way into it, so I won't say a rewatch would be a bore.

Ramona and my SATC Notes

Anyway, the fun of this will be that I will transcribe these as word for word as I can while still trying to make it be a sensible read. I'll post a pick of the notes for your reference. I'll do one or more episodes at a time - from the beginning of the notebook to the end. I may add notes for clarification. Hopefully these won't make me look like a dumb asshole. I will add them in the TV SSL Review Master List  (of course you are also welcome to check out the Movie SSL Review Master List as well). Here we go.

The SATC Notes 
10-15-07
Season 2 Ep 1

  • Sam had small dick guy- no specific mention that not satisfying, but Sam, the most sexual one, really wants a big dick.
  • "Oh baby, I'm close now. I want you to get up here and slide inside me" --> she was disappointed
  • Resorted to using her vibrator, but he didn't like it and she stopped.
  • She was obviously unsatisfied by a small penis and wanted a bigger one fucking her in order to orgasm.
  • Men naked from the waist up and butts

[-big dick makes women come  -vibrator not needed in good sex -yet seems vibrator on the outside 'cause he was inside]

Season 2 Ep2

  • Sam still worried about small dick 
  • girl titties
  • thereapsit says "many women have problem getting orgasm through intercourse"
  • She basically says, your dick's too small. You can't, and I can't. Then she says to the therapist that she needs a big dick and the therapist agrees. 
  • Redhead talks dirty in bed + gets burned when talks about a finger in his ass.
  • Also mention of Samantha masturbating

[-males too fragile in masculinity - big dick makes ladies cum - masturbation exists]

Season 2 Ep3

  • S+M 1st date w/ Sam - seemed crazy
  • Guy who goes down and is legendarily good - seems as if all women agree going down is the best.
  • good girl gets ate out awesome style

[Going down is really awesome for women]



My notes on my notes: 
So, I didn't know everyone's names yet. Red Head = Miranda, Good Girl = Charlotte. The things at the end in brackets were actually written vertically next to the other notes and were my lists of what I thought the audience could reasonably glean from the episode about female orgasm or female sexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment