10.12.2016

5 Movies With Names In The Title #DirectedByWomen



I started doing this categorized List of 5 movies thing where I showcase movies that were directed by women and that I have actually seen. It all started during the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party in September, and it was pretty fun, so I've continued doing it from time to time.

It's a bit off-topic from my normal fare, ya know, being that it's not specifically about lady-gasms or anything like that, but I think it fits the blog because
1. this blog is also about indie movie-making, and
2. this blog is partially about getting the female perspective of sexuality into our media. So, to me, supporting female voices in our media  means we're creating more room for female voices to speak on all types of things, which sometimes will be sex, orgasms, and sexuality. You can find all my 5-movie lists HERE.

So, this is my LIST OF 5 MOVIES THAT HAVE NAMES IN THE TITLE! That's right, in these movies, there are names in the title! Right there in the title, can you beleive it?! Maybe one of the names is your name! So get a snack, a beverage, and get ready for an eclectic group of lady-made movies with names in the title.

1 Bobby Fischer Against The World - This one was directed by Liz Garbus. I saw this pretty close to when it came out, and I hadn't known much at all about Bobby Fischer, so it was not only a really great watch, but also pretty new info for me.






2 Billy Madison - This one was directed by Tamra Davis. I strangely did not see this movie back when it first came out in '94, even though I pretty much saw all the Adam Sandler, Chris Farley type comedies in that teen era of my life. I don't know why this one was missed, but I saw it later, in my early twenties, and enjoyed it as one would. It was the 1st 'Adam Sandler Movie' and it's a clear classic and fave for many. I might prefer Happy Gilmore over this one, but it might be because I didn't see it til' 10 years later. Either way - top notch work here.





3 Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason -This was directed by Beeban Kidron. This was a Saturday afternoon caught on TV one, and I do love a romantic comedy - a sharp, English one, and watch out people - you got yourself a good Saturday afternoon!





4 Michael - This was directed by Nora Ephron. I saw this on a rented VHS tape (probably from Blockbuster, but maybe Family Video) while on a date with Charlie. We were in this room at his parents house they called the blue room (guess what - it's because the walls were powder blue). It had just storage stuff and a couch...maybe a really old treadmill. It was quite crowded in there, and of course it had a TV and VCR. Anyway, I remember liking this movie fine, but I think I mostly was just making out the whole time, so who knows how much I saw. The room is now purple, well one wall, I think - and there's a bed in it 'cause his youngest sister lived in it for a while before she moved out.




5 Ruby Sparks - This was directed by Jonathon Dayton and Valerie Faris. I saw this one at the theater when it came out. I'll be honest. I remember the overall-ness of this movie, but I'm having a hard time thinking of any detail, but I know that it had a lot of unique interesting things going for it that made it well worth the watch. I believe it was a really solid piece of work - I'm just can't remember the details about why right now. Maybe I'll catch it again soon, and jog my memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment