Hello all of you out there who may or may not read this blog somewhat regularly! I need some help. Well, I hope you will benefit too, but here's the deal. I have spent the last 10 years working on a movie about the female orgasm. It is finally finished, and frankly I'm damn proud of the thing. It says things that I think people need to hear, and it's a pretty fun ride too. Anyway, this whole getting people to hear/see the movie thing isn't just going to happen on it's own. That's where you come in.
We are doing all the normal entering festivals kinds of things, but we also have a different strategy. We have a crazy idea that if we send it out into the world for small groups of people to see, then it will spark conversation ,which will convince another group of people to see it, which will spark more conversation and so on. Point is, I'm hoping to create a little buzz about the movie, get some honest reviews, and ultimately get eyes on it, so below is what we're proposing. If anything sounds interesting, please, please, please make my day and email me at anc at ancmovies dott com. Seriously, you would make my day, week - month even. For real.
1 Host a get together to watch Science, Sex and the Ladies. Here's the things you need to know.
- It doesn't need to be fancy; just you, a few friends, some fun, and the movie
- We will provide you with the movie. We can send a DVD or you can access our online streaming version - your choice.
- You gotta take a picture of the group-movie-watching-festivities and send it back to us so that we can post it on the movie's site and show all those other folks out there what they're missing out on (if there is a problem with your party's comfort level in taking pictures, we can figure something more creative out to document it)
- If anyone at your party wants to use the movie and host another get together with some different people, we'd love it - just let us know and send a pic
- Good, bad, or ugly. We don't care what you say as long as you say something
- We don't care where you write about it as long as other people can see it...your blog, your college newspaper, a big huge famous magazine. It's all good by us.
- We'll provide you with an online screener and a press kit
- Know someone else who'd be interested in 1 or 2 up there? By all means, send this post off to them.
- Wanna tweet this shit or post it on FB? Do it! (Those are the only social media sites I really know)
- Have a larger venue or larger group in some far away city (that means somewhere other than Indianapolis) that would like to screen this movie? We're all in - as long as no one has to pay to see it. We'll help, support, whatever is needed of us.
- Anything else. Seriously. We're all ears.
|A talking year book pic? Yeah, that's in SSL.|
|A nice 40's family...just at the start of the post WWII Sexual Revolution|
|Of course the movie talks a little about Romance Novels|
|SSL's got all kinds of surprises - including people holding cardboard ice cream cones!|
|A cave women might masturbate with rocks in this movie. I promise it makes sense in context.|
|Just a little scene about adolescent female desire|