9.15.2015

Goodbye, Worldwide Viewing Party for Films #DirectedByWomen



This is the last day of the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party, and so this is my last post for the daily blogging thing I'm doing for it. This has been super fun, a little time consuming, but super fun. I have honestly learned about a lot of women directors that I hadn't known about. Granted, I'm not a movie trivia person anyway, so it's not surprising that I'm not super aware of female directors. I may love a movie and talk about it a lot and dissect it with my friends, but sometimes I don't think to check who the writers and directors are. I'm glad I have done that these past 2 weeks, though. It's been eye-opening, and it's inspired me to more intentionally seek out some of the more indie of these women directed films.



It also inspired me to keep up the 5 movie lists I've been doing. They're categorized and filled with lady-directed movies I've actually seen. I mean, there are still more great movies I could list, and there are even more that I am going to see in the future. So, I'll be popping up these lists for your viewing pleasure from time to time, and you can see them all listed HERE if you so choose.

I also want to give a big thanks to Barbara Ann O'Leary for catalyzing this worldwide viewing party and encouraging us all "to fall madly in love with & wildly celebrate film #DirectedByWomen" It was such a fun and engaging way to uplift the female voice in cinema. I look forward to next year's celebration.

I'm back on my normal 2-3 posts a week schedule. I know you don't care, but I'm telling you anyway. Now go continue watching kick ass movies, ya nerds!

No comments:

Post a Comment