6.10.2012

My Dream Comes True Via A Conversation About Fifty Shades of Grey



I had an pretty cool experience last night. Like I've said before here, I really don't know who reads this blog. I know there are people. I see how many page views I get, but a lot of that might just be search robots for all I know. I have friends and acquaintances now and then tell me they like the blog, but who knows if anyone actually reads this thing regularly. I'd love to think so, but like I said, who knows.

Last night though, I was out dancing, and a friend - a friend I don't see very often -comes up to me and says we should talk about the book Fifty Shades of Grey. I haven't read this but have heard about it. I have a pretty good idea of what it's all about, so I wasn't sure how this conversation would turn. Then, I was pleasantly surprised when she said something like, "the orgasms in there had no clitoral stimulation at all. The guy was just like 'come for me' and she would just come. It was so ridiculous."

This is like my dream, people. This is a woman that has read my blog and started to look critically at how female orgasms are portrayed in the media. I love that more than you will ever know. Maybe one day people will really push  back on authors, directors, producers and anyone else making media to actually depict female orgasms accurately and realistically.

In the meantime, I'm downloading Fifty Shades of Grey to listen to, and you should look forward to seeing an SSL review of that book in the future.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, you lovely woman for talking about this to me last night. I'm not gonna use your name, cause I don't know if you want me to, but you know who you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment