10.05.2009

Science Sex and the Ladies - Sexuality Survey

Want to take AnC's Sexuality Survey? We made it a couple years ago to gain insight into modern men and women's personal experiences with issues addressed in Science sex and the Ladies. It's an essay style survey. One is for women. It asks questions about how she experiences her own sexuality. The other is for males who have had a sexual experience with a female. This questionnaire asks men how they experienced, first hand, female sexuality. Our movie is written and shot already, but more survey answers could still be useful. We can use them to gain insight into more useful press for the movie, more appropriate discussion topics and questions for focus groups and so on. So if you're interested - it's completely anonymous and you don't have to finish it all in one sitting. Check it out here.


This survey was never meant to be a strong scientifically sound survey; we never verified that the people taking the surveys were who they said they were, and we didn't put time into getting a representative sample. We simply wanted to hear women and men speak from their experience, and take those experiences into consideration when deciding how to speak about the subjects in Science Sex and the Ladies. I could find surveys similar to ours from the 70's and early 80's, but a lot has changed since then. I thought if I could get answers from modern men and women in a completely anonymous setting, I could see if I was headed down the right track or if I was getting really surprising answers that led me down another avenue.

Our survey has been up on the internet for a few years now, and survey answers continue to come in from random people doing searches on the web - or so I assume.

We just had one come in yesterday from a woman that was told to take it by a friend who had previously sent in answers. Like the many other survey answers we have received, the answers were far from surprising. Actually, I shouldn't say that, they are actually surprising in the fact that they were so in line with how we were thinking about this.

I have to say, I love these surveys. It is (and I don't mean to get sappy) an honor to gain such entrance into the very private details of a person's life. It is supremely interesting and useful to me, but it is also so human and I feel very connected and grateful to the people who have taken the time to fill out the survey. I always, rightly or wrongly, assume they find as much use in telling these things as I do in reading them. I think these intimate parts of our sexuality are so rarely spoken about that it is kind of nice to just have the chance to verbalize them - even though they don't know who exactly they're telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment